According to a new job opening on Rockstar's job site, Rockstar Leeds is looking for a PC graphics programmer who can "Work within a team of skilled developers on a Next Generation PC game". Typically, the porting of a Rockstar title to the PC has fallen on the same studio who did the game, however recently Rockstar Toronto took on the task of porting GTAIV and later EFLC to the PC so it still leaves the question of if this will be just a port (Redemption anyone?) or an entirely new game. With titles such as Chinatown Wars and Vice City Stories which have blown our collective minds with how much power they were able to pump out of their respective portable platforms, it'll be awesome to see what the brilliant team at Leeds can do on some powerful PCs. This doesn't mean Toronto is out of the PC game yet as they are looking for a graphics programmer with DirectX 10/11 programming experience. What ever these two studios are working on, it's good news for PC gamers who have felt shafted by many game developers and publishers lately.
Rockstar Leeds are seeking a talented programmer with PC experience to join our highly motivated and creative team in Leeds. If you think you have what it takes, apply here;
- Work within a team of skilled developers on a Next Generation PC game
- Degree in computer science or equivalent games qualification
- At least 3 years experience in games development as a programmer
- Must have shipped at least 2 recent PC games
- Must have been responsible for the graphics work on a large scale game
- A driven, team player with experience in advanced PC Graphical techniques.
- Good C++ programming skills
-A solid understanding of modern games programming techniques.
- A passion for making and playing a new generation of games.
- Extensive game programming experience on a variety of game platforms
Rockstar offers a competitive salary and benefits package and a great work environment. This is a full-time onsite position at our studio in Leeds. Please submit your resume, cover letter and salary requirements.
Source: Rockstar Games
In other Rockstar news, Rockstar San Diego has lifted it's hiring hold and is now looking for a Character Animator for their new "Secret Project".